Part 1: Online Knowledge Assessment
The Online Knowledge Assessment is accessed via secure log-in on the Clinical Supervision Services website. The course includes reading relevant material provided online, completing self-directed learning tasks, reflection of practice and a multiple choice assessment test. The online component covers information on all categories of supervisees including (4+2, 5+1, higher degree and registrar training pathways).
It is estimated the course takes between 8 - 10 hours to complete. It is equivalent to 10 CPD points.
Resources are provided to participants and include:
- self-directed study modules
- online progressive learning tasks – these short quizzes ensure that participants fully understand the requirements of Board supervision guidelines, and are directed to other areas if revision is needed
- links to AHPRA registration guidelines and standards
- online assessment (multiple attempts to answer questions)
By completing the online component participants will:
- have sound knowledge of the role of clinical supervision in psychology
- be aware if the different models of supervision
- be introduced to the role of the initial supervisory meeting and defining the purpose of supervision with prospective supervisees
- have knowledge of contract setting in supervision and determining supervisee learning needs
- be introduced to various techniques and methods of best-practice supervision
- have knowledge of the PsyBA pathways and supervisory requirements, including the National Psychology Exam and legal and ethical aspects of supervision
- Definition of Supervision
- Role and Models of Supervision
- Setting up best practice supervision
- Professional issues: ethics and legal issues
Techniques and methods in supervision
- Supervisor roles and responsibilities: understanding and applying the PsyBA guidelines
- 4 + 2 pathways supervisory requirements to registration
- 5 + 1 pathway supervisory requirements to registration
- Higher degree pathway to registration
- Registrar training programs leading to practice endorsement
The minimum eligibility requirement for secondary supervisors is 2 years of holding general registration and for primary supervisors 3 years of holding general registration. For supervisors of registrars in an endorsed area of practice a minimum of 2 years of holding endorsement in that approved area of practice is required. Participants who have undertakings or reprimands or practice with conditions will not be eligible to undertake Board approved supervisor training. Registration status may be verified on the Register of practitioners if eligibility for enrolment is required.
All participants must successfully complete the online assessment in order to pass this component of the PsyBA Board approved training. A Certificate of Completion will be issued to participants who successfully complete this component and the Psychology Board of Australia will be notified of the results, including Name, Registration Number and outcome of the online component (PASS or FAIL). A pass result will allow for enrolment in Board approved supervisor training Part 2: Two day Skills Based Training Workshop.
This online course is equivalent to 10 hours of Continuing Professional Development.
Once you have paid for the online component of the course you will be given a secure personal log- in and have three (3) months to complete the course. If you do not complete the online course in this period your participation will be deemed a FAIL grade. The online component can be accessed 24 hours a day.
What you need:
You will need a computer equipped with either internet explorer 9+ or Safari 4+ or Firefox 3+ and Flashplayer (free download).