Working with Families: Fundamentals of Systemic Family Therapy
The workshop covers the core concepts and techniques of family therapy practice, providing an overview of the influence of the major schools of thought on contemporary practice. The emphasis will be on applying theory as systemic practice, through teaching, demonstration, video, role play, case illustrations, group discussion and small group exercises.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding family of origin and multigenerational patterns
- Working with the influence of family relationships, stories, rules and patterns
- Use of genograms as a family assessment tool
- Overview of the models of family therapy- the 'best bits' and how to apply in practice
- The first family interview for assessment and treatment
- Systemic formulation and treatment planning
- Individual vs family therapy - when to do what
- Integrating family therapy as an evidence-based practice
- Maximizing opportunities for change in therapy
- Trouble shooting in family therapy - working with reluctant clients and challenging presentations
Accreditation: 14 CPD
22-23 October 2020
15 October 2020
Early bird: $590.00 (ends 10.09.2020)
Standard: $660.00 (from 11.09.2020)
10% discount when 3 or more book and pay at the same time
Federation Conference Centre
22-23 Mary St
Surry Hills 2010 NSW
Clinical Supervision Services
Clinical Supervision Services (CSS) is an AHPRA approved organisation dedicated to providing excellence in training and clinical supervision supervision.
Contact: Christine Senediak
M: 0478 548 594
22-23 Mary St
Surry Hills NSW 2010
This course covers information on how to establish, maintain and evaluate clinical supervision sessions, establish learning goals for supervisees and work cooperatively and efficiently within the context of practice that they supervise. The course is suitable for health workers including nurses, social workers, counsellors, psychotherapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists and other health workers such as those working in welfare and drug and alcohol services. ...
Two-day face-to-face workshop integrating theory and small group practice (successful completion of on-line course is prerequisite). The two day workshop will further expand on the topics covered in the on-line component reviewing PsyBA supervision requirements. The two day workshop is interactive including live demonstrations, small group activities, practice exercises and class discussion. Comprehensive readings are provided in addition to Supervision Resource Handbook. ...