PsyBA Accredited Supervisor Training for New Supervisors (11th-12th May 2020) Sydney
Two-day face-to-face workshop integrating theory and small group practice (successful completion of on-line course is prerequisite). The two day workshop will further expand on the topics covered in the on-line component reviewing PsyBA supervision requirements. The two day workshop is interactive including live demonstrations, small group activities, practice exercises and class discussion. Comprehensive readings are provided in addition to Supervision Resource Handbook.
• Setting up competency based clinical supervision
• The supervisory relationship
• Live demonstration (pre-supervisory meeting; contract setting and establishing learning goals)
• Small group practice exercises
• Reflective practice theory and practice
• Supervision interventions (using videos and tapes, assessment of skill acquisition)
• Micro-skills training, modelling and demonstrations
• Structural considerations (Skype, tele-health supervision)
• Techniques and methods including case consultation, writing activities, journal, log books, process recoding, and structured case review forms and live observation methods
• Supervision relationship issues (awareness and sensitivity to diversity)
• Dealing with difficulties in supervision
• Ethics and Professional Practice issues, including procedural dilemmas
• The role of self-evaluation
• Evaluating supervisee skills in accordance with AHPRA criteria.
Accreditation: 12 CPD points Part 2: 2 day workshop (Part 1 Online course 10 CPD points; Part 3 Assessment of Competency 10 CPD points)
Presenter: Christine Senediak
About the Presenter
Christine Senediak is a Board Approved supervisor trainer with 30 years clinical experience and over 25 years experience as a supervisor and educator. She supervises widely providing individual, peer, group and organisational supervision to psychiatrists, psychologists and other health clinicians working in child, adolescent and family services, schools, adult mental health, drug health, gambling, sexual assault, cross cultural and trauma services. She divides her time between education, clinical work and supervision. Christine has trained as a systemic family therapist, which influences her approach to clinical supervision where the wider context is considered in understanding the development and maintenance of problems in clinical presentations. She employs a reflective practice approach to supervision enhancing self-awareness of relational issues between therapist, client and systems. Christine incorporates elements of systemic, cognitive behavioural, mindfulness and person centered therapies in supervision and training.
On successful completion of the two day workshop participants will be issued a certificate of completion which needs to be submitted to the Board with the Application to apply for Board-approved supervisor status – ABAS-76 form (available from the Board’s website). This certificate needs to be submitted with Certificate 1 (online course) and Certificate 3 (Assessment of Competency). Once all three components are successfully completed participants will then receive 5 years accreditation as an approved supervisor.
Early bird: $650 (closes 23.03.2020)
Standard: $720 (from 24.03. 2020)
Also available discounted Early Bird Full Training Package $920 (check cut off closing dates); Standard fee $1100
Clinical Supervision Services
Clinical Supervision Services (CSS) is an AHPRA approved organisation dedicated to providing excellence in training and clinical supervision.
Contact: Christine Senediak
M: 0478 548 594
Download More Information
Sydney NSW 2000
This workshop is a PsyBA approved one day Master Class which will provide participants who are already approved supervisors with ongoing AHPRA accreditation for 5 years. The workshop covers theory and practice in implementing a reflective practice framework within a competency based supervision model of practice. ...
Supervision is identified as an integral part of professional development as it provides a forum for staff development, quality management and self-care. This training covers information on how to establish, maintain and evaluate clinicalsupervision sessions, establish learning goals for supervisees and work cooperatively and efficiently within the context of practice that they supervise. ...