PsyBA Master Class: Taking a Systems Perspective in Supervision (Singapore)
This one day workshop will provide a framework for clinicians, supervisors and managers to broaden their knowledge and skills in the theory and practice of systemic supervision. Systemic supervision looks at ways to stimulate supervisee’s personal and professional development through the use of reflective and reflexive learning tasks, exploration of emotions and patterns in relationships. A systems approach to supervision and management considers cultural and contextual factors that can influence relationships and helps clients, therapists, managers and supervisors work towards managing challenging relationships and dynamics that can impact on the delivery of mental and health services. By attending this workshop you will gain the skills to conduct systemically focused supervision sessions using a competency based framework. Pre-reading resources are provided, including revision documents of reflective practice and competency based models of supervision. This workshop is experiential and discussion, examples and practice will reflect the requirements of the specific issues brought to the session by participants.
By the end of this one day workshop you will
- Have a greater understanding of systemic theory and how to apply in a supervisory context
- Improve awareness of, and be able to better manage self-issues that can interfere and detract from professional practice
- Be introduced to the concepts of the “person of the therapist’ and its relevance in therapy and supervision
- Develop confidence and competence working with parallel process in supervision
- Have a strong theoretical framework to apply systemic supervision in your workplace
- Understand clinical presentations systemically taking into consideration multiple stakeholders, relationships and the interplay of mentoring and monitoring tasks in supervision
- Know how to set up, practice and evaluate the effectiveness of systemic supervision in your workplace
- Systemic theory and its application within clinical practice, supervision and team functioning
- Practical demonstrations and application of genogram and ecogram/sociogram mapping for systemic analysis and intervention
- Live demonstration of systemic practice in supervision
- How to stimulate personal reflection of self and review and manage the relational factors within therapeutic, managerial and supervisory contexts
- Explore the role of parallel process in supervision
- Small group micro skill practice and review of case examples using a systemic supervision model
- How to make connection between personal and professional (the ‘Person of the Therapist’)
- Consider how systemic ideas and practice support management and clinical practice
- How to consider and manage wider systems issues (including cultural, institutional and the social landscape) using both genograms and ecograms in practice
51 Cuppage Road,#03-03, Singapore 229469
Time: 9. 00am – 4.30pm
Early Bird - $330 AUD (ends 19.12.2019)
Standard - $375 AUD (from 20.12.2019)
10% discount when 3 or more book and pay at the same time
Clinical Supervision Services
Clinical Supervision Services (CSS) is an AHPRA approved organisation dedicated to providing excellence in training and clinical supervision supervision.
Contact: Christine Senediak
M: 0478 548 594
Download More Information
51 Cuppage Road
#03-03, Singapore 229469
This workshop is a new workshop not previously approved as a Master Class. The workshop provides a framework for competency based supervision for supervisees working with clients who present with complex mental health and comorbid presentations. ...
Two-day face-to-face workshop integrating theory and small group practice (successful completion of on-line course is prerequisite). The two day workshop will further expand on the topics covered in the on-line component reviewing PsyBA supervision requirements. The two day workshop is interactive including live demonstrations, small group activities, practice exercises and class discussion. Comprehensive readings are provided in addition to Supervision Resource Handbook. ...