Clinical Supervisor Training - Allied Health and Nursing
Accreditated Clinical Supervision course includes 2 components:
Part 1: An online component equivalent to 35 hours CPD
Part 2: 14 hour three day workshop, including a 7 hour one day Assessment of Competency with a 60-minute real time formal assessment
Note: This course meets the minimum standard specified in the ACA Policy Documents on Professional Supervision (2019)
This course provides the fundamental knowledge required of establishing a competency-based supervision working alliance including the fundamentals of setting up supervision using clear learning goals, establishing a learning contract, how to use reflective questioning techniques in supervision and how to provide effective feedback to develop best practice skills in supervision.
PART 1 Online Course
The purpose of this course is to provide the opportunity to up skill and, for those more experienced clinicians to further develop their competence in clinical supervision. The course will aim to increase confidence and skills in providing supervision considering the wider system including self, supervisee, the client and the agency.
Module 1- Introduction to Supervision
Module 2-Models of Clinical Supervision
Module 3-Preparing for Supervision
Module 4- Methods and Techniques
Module 5- Reflective Practice
Module 6- Ethical Issues
Module 7- Evaluation and feedback
PART 2: Three day Workshop
This 3 day workshop involves 3 x 7 hour day workshop.
The aim of this workshop is to provide a framework for conducting and evaluating effective clinical supervision using a competency-based framework incorporating reflective practice. Participants will develop the necessary skills for setting up a rewarding clinical supervision relationship, considering the systemic issues of their workplace/team and client group, so that supervisees maximise their clinical learning and practice. The workshop is experiential offering participants opportunities to practice and review skills in the role of supervisor. The 3 day workshop builds on the learning received in the online course.
Days 1 & 2
At the completion of the workshop, participants should be able to:
- understand the key concepts involved in setting up and maintaining a collaborative clinical
- supervision relationship, using evidence based practice and considering professional
- practice and workplace guidelines
- have a well-defined theoretical understanding from which to base clinical supervision
- identify the roles and responsibilities within a clinical supervision framework, including
- consideration of the ethical and legal parameters of clinical practice
- discuss prospective supervisor’s and supervisee’s knowledge and understanding of the
- supervisory process
- be able to identify the supervisee’s strengths and needs for supervision
- demonstrate and provide information on how to structure individual, peer and group
- supervision sessions
- explore and provide a framework on how to give feedback regarding clinical practice and
- case management
- learn how to deal with ‘crises’ and stressful situations which may arise for the supervisee in
- regards to their clinical practice
- identify and provide information on how to evaluate supervision sessions and maximise
- supervisee professional development
- develop skills to balance both administrative and clinical responsibilities.
Day 3 Assessment of Supervisor Competency Skills - One day face to face assessment
This is the formal assessment day. Final assessments will include a live, in real time 60 minute formally assessed Supervision sessions. Each student will rotate through 3 three positions; Supervisor, Supervisee and Observer. Each position is to be completed over a 60-minute period. All students are to bring real and relevant issues for supervision to the workshop.
Goals of competency evaluation:
- Demonstrate supervision skills and knowledge
- Provide an opportunity to reflect of what you have learnt and how you will put knowledge
- and skills in practice
- This is an assessment task to evaluate your ability to conduct a supervision session, provide effective feedback and use relevant tools facilitating a competency based reflective supervision session.
Accreditation: Part1: Online course 35 CPD points; Part 2: 3 day worksop 21 CPD points
About the Presenter
Christine Senediak Qualifications: BA. (Hons), M Psychol (Clin), M. Family Therapy
Christine Senediak is Principal Director of Clinical Supervision Services and has over 35 years of experience working as a clinical psychologist, educator and supervisor. She has a strong interest in evidence-based practice and systems theory and integrates this in her work as therapist, educator and supervisor. In 2014 she was appointed one of the National trainers to provide PsyBA Supervisor training and in 2015 the practice has grown to now provide eight Master Classes in supervision, and has a team of experienced Clinical Psychologists, a Neuropsychologist and an Organisational Psychologist who also offer training in this field. She is an accredited AHPRA Approved Supervisor Trainer and Supervisor; Accredited Family Therapy Supervisor, AAFT In addition to her work with AHPRA, Christine also offers supervision, short courses and workshops and consults to agencies on matters relating to mental health and wellbeing across the lifespan.
Certificate of Completion
On successful completion of the the online training and workshop participants will be issued with a Certificate of Completion.
Early bird: $890 (closes 08.04.2020)
Standard: $990 (from 09.04.2020)
Clinical Supervision Services (CSS) is an AHPRA approved organisation dedicated to providing excellence in training and clinical supervision.
Contact: Christine Senediak
Download More Information
22-23 Mary St
Surry Hills NSW 2010
Two-day face-to-face workshop integrating theory and small group practice (successful completion of on-line course is prerequisite). The two day workshop will further expand on the topics covered in the on-line component reviewing PsyBA supervision requirements. The two day workshop is interactive including live demonstrations, small group activities, practice exercises and class discussion. Comprehensive readings are provided in addition to Supervision Resource Handbook. ...
This one day workshop will provide participants with a solid introduction in how to conduct an interview using genograms in assessment. It will also cover how to develop a sound case formulation plan and how to apply family focused interventions keeping in mind the complexity of a family’s context, transgenerational history, patterns of interaction and events. ...