PsyBA Master Class: Systems Perspective in Supervision (Singapore)
About the Workshop:
This one day workshop is designed to facilitate experienced supervisors in the practice of systemic supervision. Participants will gain knowledge of theory and practice of systems models in assessment, formulation and treatment and learn how to integrate systemic thinking within a competency based clinical supervision context. The workshop will explore ways to stimulate supervisee’s personal and professional development through reflective tasks, exploring emotions and patterns in relationships and considering the organisational context and relevant stakeholders. The workshop will look at placing relational factors at the heart of the supervisory and therapeutic encounters. Pre-reading resources are provided, including revision documents of competency based supervision to ensure participants are familiar with the Board requirements.
Component / workshop structure and activities:
- Systemic theory and application to supervision
- How to use genograms and work systemically in clinical practice and supervision
- Live demonstration of systems practice in supervision
- Small group practice of systemic approaches to supervision, incorporating reflective practice within a competency based framework
- Recognizing and managing parallel process in supervision and applying reflective practice within a systemic framework
- Small group activities and case discussions
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- Have an understanding of systems theory and how this is applied both in the supervisory contexts and within a competency based framework
- Have awareness of the ‘self as therapist’ and its relationship to the professional and personal self
- Understand, and work more competently and confidently with parallel process in supervision
- Understand how the systemic model helps supervisors to manage emotions within a dialogical reflectivity context
- Apply genograms and systems tasks in supervision to map out wider systems issues
- Understand clinical presentations systemically taking into consideration multiple stakeholders, relationships and the interplay of mentoring and monitoring tasks in supervision
About the Presenter(s):
Christine Senediak is a Board Approved supervisor trainer with 30 years clinical experience and over 25 years experience as a supervisor and educator. She supervises widely providing individual, peer, group and organisational supervision to psychiatrists, psychologists and other health clinicians working in child, adolescent and family services, schools, adult mental health, drug health, gambling, sexual assault, cross cultural and trauma services. She divides her time between education, clinical work and supervision. Christine has trained as a systemic family therapist, which influences her approach to clinical supervision where the wider context is considered in understanding the development and maintenance of problems in clinical presentations. She employs a reflective practice approach to supervision enhancing self awareness of relational issues between therapist, client and systems. Christine incorporates elements of systemic, cognitive behavioural, mindfulness and person centered therapies in supervision and training.
Participants are required to attend the full day and will receive a certificate of attendance for 6 hours of face to face training.The workshop is equivalent to 6 CPD hours. This workshop is highly interactive and allows for ample time and to practice and review.
51 Cuppage Road,#03-03, Singapore 229469
Time: 9. 00am – 4.30pm
Early Bird - $330 AUD (ends 19.12.2019)
Standard - $375 AUD (from 20.12.2019)
10% discount when 3 or more book and pay at the same time
Clinical Supervision Services
Clinical Supervision Services (CSS) is an AHPRA approved organisation dedicated to providing excellence in training and clinical supervision supervision.
Contact: Christine Senediak
M: 0478 548 594
Download More Information
Two-day face-to-face workshop integrating theory and small group practice (successful completion of on-line course is prerequisite). The two day workshop will further expand on the topics covered in the on-line component reviewing PsyBA supervision requirements. The two day workshop is interactive including live demonstrations, small group activities, practice exercises and class discussion. Comprehensive readings are provided in addition to Supervision Resource Handbook. ...