Working with Families: Fundamentals of Systemic Family Therapy
The workshop covers the core concepts and techniques of family therapy practice, providing an overview of the influence of the major schools of thought on contemporary practice. The emphasis will be on applying theory as systemic practice, through teaching, demonstration, video, role play, case illustrations, group discussion and small group exercises.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding family of origin and multigenerational patterns
- Working with the influence of family relationships, stories, rules and patterns
- Use of genograms as a family assessment tool
- Overview of the models of family therapy- the 'best bits' and how to apply in practice
- The first family interview for assessment and treatment
- Systemic formulation and treatment planning
- Individual vs family therapy - when to do what
- Integrating family therapy as an evidence-based practice
- Maximizing opportunities for change in therapy
- Trouble shooting in family therapy - working with reluctant clients and challenging presentations
This workshop is suitable for Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Social workers, Mental Health and Drug and Alcohol Practitioners and School Counsellors.
Accreditation: 14 CPD
28th-29th November 2019
Early bird: $590.00 (ends 17.10.19)
Standard: $660.00 (from 18.10.19)
10% discount when 3 or more book and pay at the same time
Crows Nest Centre
2 Ernest Place
Crows Nest 2065
Google maps https://goo.gl/maps/X6eYaW94Ro82
Clinical Supervision Services
Clinical Supervision Services (CSS) is an AHPRA approved organisation dedicated to providing excellence in training and clinical supervision supervision.
Contact: Christine Senediak
M: 0478 548 594
Download More Information
2 Ernest Place
Crows Nest NSW 2065
This workshop is a new workshop not previously approved as a Master Class. The workshop provides a framework for competency based supervision for supervisees working with clients who present with complex mental health and comorbid presentations. ...
Two-day face-to-face workshop integrating theory and small group practice (successful completion of on-line course is prerequisite). The two day workshop will further expand on the topics covered in the on-line component reviewing PsyBA supervision requirements. The two day workshop is interactive including live demonstrations, small group activities, practice exercises and class discussion. Comprehensive readings are provided in addition to Supervision Resource Handbook. ...