PsyBA Master Class: Supervision for Organisational Psychologists
This workshop provides a context to review and understand the practice of competency based supervision within an organisational psychology context. This workshop will provide participants with specific knowledge and skills to apply supervision for those working in the varied roles of an organisational psychology practice. Pre-reading resources are provided, including revision documents of competency based supervision to ensure participants are familiar with the Board requirements.
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- Have sound knowledge of the theory and practice of reflectivity in practice using competency based supervision principles as it applies across the wide spectrum of organisational psychology interventions
- Understand the principles of how to use reflectivity in recruitment, facilitating training, psychological testing and behavioural interviewing
- Develop specific supervisee relational and reflective competencies for coaching and mentoring
- Develop skills to enhance supervisee exploration of cognition, behaviour, emotions in practice, developing reflection-in-action, on-action and for-action
- Be able to teach supervisees to apply self-supervision, dialogical reflectivity for in-action experiential and transformational learning
- Participants are required to bring a workplace scenario where they have personally experienced a challenging supervisory encounter either as supervisee or supervisor. Small group discussion and role play exercises will then be used to demonstrate, model and workshop preferred interventions
- The specific tasks of the supervisor in the organisational context – how to manage stakeholder issues impacting on service delivery, delivering corrective feedback, challenging systems and critical issues
- Supervisor- supervisee – wider system relational factors. Building a secure supervisory alliance and managing parallel processes
- Supervising the underperforming supervisee
- Applying supervision tasks in change management
- Self –care in the workplace
Fernanda Afonso BA (Hons) M. Applied Psych (Org)
Fernanda Afosno has 20 years’ experience in organisational and talent development. Her experience spans blue chip organisations, partnerships and not for profit organisations across a range of industries including management consulting, media, banking and finance, professional services and global industrial businesses. She has worked with executives and organisations around issues such as building a high performance culture, leading transformational change, influencing within a matrix, building and developing talent, employee engagement, team development, transition to leadership roles, resilience and wellbeing, developing executive presence and increasing self-awareness to build longer term leadership capability.
Participants are required to attend the full day and will receive a certificate of attendance for 6 hours of face to face training. The workshop is equivalent to 6 CPD hours. This workshop is highly interactive and allows for ample time and to practice and review.
Time: 9.00am – 4.30pm
Early Bird - $330 (ends 07.10.2019)
Standard - $375 (from 08.10.2019)
10% discount when 3 or more book and pay at the same time
Clinical Supervision Services
Clinical Supervision Services (CSS) is an AHPRA approved organisation dedicated to providing excellence in training and clinical supervision supervision.
Contact: Christine Senediak
M: 0478 548 594
Download More Information
North Sydney NSW 2060
This two part distance education Master Class covers the core competencies of ethical practice in supervision including understanding the multiple roles of the supervisor within different contexts (e.g. individual, peer, group) and with psychologists from beginner to expert (students, interns, registrars and experienced psychologists). ...
The workshop covers the core concepts and techniques of family therapy practice, providing an overview of the influence of the major schools of thought on contemporary practice. The emphasis will be on applying theory as systemic practice, through teaching, demonstration, video, role play, case illustrations, group discussion and small group exercises. ...