PsyBA Master Class: Clinical Supervision for School Counsellors
About the Workshop:
This one day workshop has been has been especially designed to meet the needs of those who are currently supervising or planning to supervise school counsellors and those working in a school context offering counselling and support to school community.
Pre-reading will be provided in addition to class notes provided at the workshop. Small class practice sessions, application to case review and exercises are used throughout the training. This workshop covers supervision of school based issues including managing complex issues within the school system, ethical issues, working remotely and balancing different roles and responsibilities of school counselling.
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the principles of setting up competency based supervision for school counsellors within the school system
- Have a understanding of the interplay of systemic issues within the organisational culture of the school and how this impacts on the clinical practice, professional development and self-care of the school counsellor
- Develop an awareness and review complex ethical issues as they relate to supervision for school counsellors
- Facilitate ways for the supervisor to build reflective practice and self-supervision strategies to help the supervisee manage outside the supervision session
- Build in ways to utilise technology in supervision for school counsellors that work remotely, as individual practitioners and with little supports
- Have a solid understanding of managing line management vs clinical supervision within the school system
- Review best practice strategies for establishing and reviewing peer, individual , in-house, external and group supervision contexts for school counsellors
- Have a solid understanding of how to managing trauma, complex issues and school systems within a supervisory context
- APS Framework for delivery of school psychological services
Component / workshop structure and activities
- This workshop provides participants with the knowledge and skills to implement competency based supervision within the school system, addressing the complexities of balancing educational, support, and administrative roles in supervision.
- There is opportunity to reflect and review complex ethical and legal issues that arise in the school context
- Review of crisis supervision and managing risk in the school context
- Managing systemic issues within a school based context
- Legal issues in school counselling supervision
- Managing assessment and evaluation of supervisee competencies
- Pre-reading resources are provided, including revision documents of competency based supervision to ensure participants are familiar with the Board requirements
Lydia Senediak, BA(Hons), DipEd, MA (Childhood Studies), M (Clin Psychol) is a Clinical Psychologist with over 35 years experience working in public and private mental health services, developmental disability, hospital, educational and community settings. She also has a background in policy development, service management, clinical skills training and supervision. She is often called to consult and supervise complex and challenging clinical issues in both government and non-government organisations and provides supervision to a wide range of professionals including psychologists, school counsellors, medical and allied health clinicians.
Lydia is a full member of both the Australian Psychological Society (APS) and the APS College of Clinical Psychologists. She holds clinical endorsement from the Psychology Board of Australia and is also a Board Approved Supervisor.
Participants are required to attend the full day and will receive a certificate of attendance for 6 hours of face to face training. The workshop is equivalent to 6 CPD hours. This workshop is highly interactive and allows for ample time and to practice and review.
Time: 9.00am – 4.30pm
Early Bird - $330 (ends 06.08.2019)
Standard - $375 (from 07.08.2019)
10% discount when 3 or more book and pay at the same time
Clinical Supervision Services
Clinical Supervision Services (CSS) is an AHPRA approved organisation dedicated to providing excellence in training and clinical supervision supervision.
Contact: Christine Senediak
M: 0478 548 594
Download More Information
North Sydney NSW 2060
This workshop is a new workshop not previously approved as a Master Class. The workshop provides a framework for competency based supervision for supervisees working with clients who present with complex mental health and comorbid presentations. ...
Two-day face-to-face workshop integrating theory and small group practice (successful completion of on-line course is prerequisite). The two day workshop will further expand on the topics covered in the on-line component reviewing PsyBA supervision requirements. The two day workshop is interactive including live demonstrations, small group activities, practice exercises and class discussion. Comprehensive readings are provided in addition to Supervision Resource Handbook. ...