|Event Type||PsyBA approved Supervisor Training|
|Organisation||Clinical Supervision Services|
Mary MacKillop Conference Centre
80 William Street
North Sydney NSW 2060
|Accreditation Available||12 CPD points for 2 day workshop|
Two-day face-to-face workshop integrating theory and small group practice (successful completion of on-line course is prerequisite). The two day workshop will further expand on the topics covered in the on-line component reviewing PsyBA supervision requirements. The two day workshop is interactive including live demonstrations, small group activities, practice exercises and class discussion. Comprehensive readings are provided in addition to Supervision Resource Handbook.
• Setting up competency based clinical supervision
• The supervisory relationship
• Live demonstration (pre-supervisory meeting; contract setting and establishing learning goals)
• Small group practice exercises
• Reflective practice theory and practice
• Supervision interventions (using videos and tapes, assessment of skill acquisition)
• Micro-skills training, modelling and demonstrations
• Structural considerations (Skype, tele-health supervision)
• Techniques and methods including case consultation, writing activities, journal, log books, process recoding, and structured case review forms and live observation methods
• Supervision relationship issues (awareness and sensitivity to diversity)
• Dealing with difficulties in supervision
• Ethics and Professional Practice issues, including procedural dilemmas
• The role of self-evaluation
• Evaluating supervisee skills in accordance with AHPRA criteria.
Accreditation: 12 CPD points
Registration Closes: 11th May 2018
Enrol via Professional Development Workshop link
Presenter: Christine Senediak
About the Presenter
Christine Senediak is a Board Approved supervisor trainer with 30 years clinical experience and over 25 years experience as a supervisor and educator. She supervises widely providing individual, peer, group and organisational supervision to psychiatrists, psychologists and other health clinicians working in child, adolescent and family services, schools, adult mental health, drug health, gambling, sexual assault, cross cultural and trauma services. She divides her time between education, clinical work and supervision. Christine has trained as a systemic family therapist, which influences her approach to clinical supervision where the wider context is considered in understanding the development and maintenance of problems in clinical presentations. She employs a reflective practice approach to supervision enhancing self-awareness of relational issues between therapist, client and systems. Christine incorporates elements of systemic, cognitive behavioural, mindfulness and person centered therapies in supervision and training.
On successful completion of the two day workshop participants will be issued a certificate of completion which needs to be submitted to the Board with the Application to apply for Board-approved supervisor status – ABAS-76 form (available from the Board’s website). This certificate needs to be submitted with Certificate 1 (online course) and Certificate 3 (Assessment of Competency). Once all three components are successfully completed participants will then receive 5 years accreditation as an approved supervisor.
May 24th - 25th 2018
Early bird: $900 (closes 11.04.18)
Standard: $1100 (from 12.04.18)
(Discounted Package also available – see PsyBA Registration and Payment page for details)
Mary MacKillop Conference Centre