PsyBA Master Class: Clinical Supervision in Adult Mental Health 24 Nov 2022 (Videoconference)
Clinical Supervision in Adult Mental Health:
Managing risk, self-care and ethics
About the Workshop:
This workshop provides a framework for competency-based supervision for supervisees working with clients who present with complex mental health and comorbid presentations. There is a focus on identifying risk and managing the often complex clinical issues that arise from working with clients who present with acute or chronic complex mental health presentations. Coverage of systemic issues and working within a multidisciplinary context and medical model is also addressed with regards to clinical management issues, reporting and confidentiality issues. Pre-reading resources are provided, including revision documents of competency based supervision to ensure participants are familiar with the Board requirements.
Workshop structure /content:
- Understanding the ethical, legal and risk factors facing the supervisee working in an adult mental health context
- Confidentiality – managing competing demands of system, client and family (Case review scenarios and critical decision making in practice) – small group discussion and role plays
- Assessment, evaluation and feedback using a competency based framework: developing metacompetencies in practice
- Dialogical reflexivity – enhancing supervisee self-reflection and in-action
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- Have sound knowledge of the application of competency based supervision in adult mental health clinical contexts
- Understand the principles of how reflectivity promotes independent thinking, improved clinician self-awareness, self-care
- Applying dialogical reflexivity in supervision evaluation and feedback
- Be aware of the importance of reflective supervision for therapeutic intervention and the development of meta competencies in practice
- Be able to apply reflective practice & model reflectivity to supervisees
- Identify and manage the challenges of working in the field of adult mental health and complex comorbid clinical mental health presentations
- Be able to identify and manage complex risk, legal and ethical issues
- Review of clinical/workplace issues brought to the session by participants.
Format: Interactive videoconference via Zoom
Early Bird: $360 (ends 13 Oct 2022)
Standard: $400 (from 14 Oct 2022)
Organisational discounts available
Clinical Supervision Services
Clinical Supervision Services (CSS) is an AHPRA approved organisation dedicated to providing excellence in training and clinical supervision supervision.
Download More Information
Two-day videoconference workshop integrating theory and small group practice (successful completion of on-line course is prerequisite). The two day workshop will further expand on the topics covered in the on-line component reviewing PsyBA supervision requirements. The two day workshop is interactive including live demonstrations, small group activities, practice exercises and class discussion. Comprehensive readings are provided in addition to Supervision Resource Handbook. ...
This ACA accredited course covers information on how to establish, maintain and evaluate clinical supervision sessions, establish learning goals for supervisees and work cooperatively and efficiently within the context of practice that they supervise. The course is suitable for health workers including nurses, social workers, counsellors, psychotherapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists and other health workers such as those working in welfare and drug and alcohol services. ...