PsyBA Master Class: Systems Perspective in Supervision 10 November 2022 (Videoconference)
About the Workshop:
Delivered via interactive videoconference (Zoom platform). This one-day workshop is designed to facilitate experienced supervisors in the practice of systemic supervision. Participants will gain knowledge of theory and practice of systems models in assessment, formulation and treatment and learn how to integrate systemic thinking within a competency based clinical supervision context. The workshop will explore ways to stimulate supervisee’s personal and professional development through reflective tasks, exploring emotions and patterns in relationships and considering the organisational context and relevant stakeholders. The workshop will look at placing relational factors at the heart of the supervisory and therapeutic encounters. Pre-reading resources are provided, including revision documents of competency based supervision to ensure participants are familiar with the Board requirements.
Component / workshop structure and activities:
- Systemic theory and application to supervision
- How to use genograms and work systemically in clinical practice and supervision
- Live demonstration of systems practice in supervision
- Small group practice of systemic approaches to supervision, incorporating reflective practice within a competency based framework
- Recognizing and managing parallel process in supervision and applying reflective practice within a systemic framework
- Small group activities and case discussions
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- Have an understanding of systems theory and how this is applied both in the supervisory contexts and within a competency based framework
- Have awareness of the ‘self as therapist’ and its relationship to the professional and personal self
- Understand, and work more competently and confidently with parallel process in supervision
- Understand how the systemic model helps supervisors to manage emotions within a dialogical reflectivity context
- Apply genograms and systems tasks in supervision to map out wider systems issues
- Understand clinical presentations systemically taking into consideration multiple stakeholders, relationships and the interplay of mentoring and monitoring tasks in supervision
Presenter: Christine Senediak
Participants are required to attend the full online workshop and will receive a certificate of attendance for 6 hours of face to face training.The workshop is equivalent to 7 CPD hours. This workshop is highly interactive and allows for ample time to practice and review.
Videoconference online workshop (numbers strictly limited to 18)
Time: 9.00am – 4.30pm
Early Bird - $360 AUD (ends 29 Sep 2022)
Standard - $400 AUD (from 30 Sep 2022)
10% discount when 3 or more book and pay at the same time
Clinical Supervision Services
Clinical Supervision Services (CSS) is an AHPRA approved organisation dedicated to providing excellence in training and clinical supervision.
M: 0479 148 929 (Mon, Wed, Fri)
Download More Information
This interactive videoconference workshop covers theory and practice in implementing a reflective practice framework within a competency based supervision model of practice. Numbers are strictly limited for this online Master Class. ...
Two-day videoconference workshop integrating theory and small group practice (successful completion of on-line course is prerequisite). The two day workshop will further expand on the topics covered in the on-line component reviewing PsyBA supervision requirements. The two day workshop is interactive including live demonstrations, small group activities, practice exercises and class discussion. Comprehensive readings are provided in addition to Supervision Resource Handbook. ...