PsyBA Master Class: Clinical Supervision in Adult Mental Health (29 Nov 2021) Videoconference
About the Workshop:
This workshop provides a framework for competency-based supervision for supervisees working with clients who present with complex mental health and comorbid presentations. There is a focus on identifying risk and managing the often complex clinical issues that arise from working with clients who present with acute or chronic complex mental health presentations. Coverage of systemic issues and working within a multidisciplinary context and medical model is also addressed with regards to clinical management issues, reporting and confidentiality issues. Pre-reading resources are provided, including revision documents of competency based supervision to ensure participants are familiar with the Board requirements.
Workshop structure /content:
- Understanding the ethical, legal and risk factors facing the supervisee working in an adult mental health context
- Confidentiality – managing competing demands of system, client and family (Case review scenarios and critical decision making in practice) – small group discussion and role plays
- Assessment, evaluation and feedback using a competency based framework: developing metacompetencies in practice
- Dialogical reflexivity – enhancing supervisee self-reflection and in-action
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- Have sound knowledge of the application of competency based supervision in adult mental health clinical contexts
- Understand the principles of how reflectivity promotes independent thinking, improved clinician self-awareness, self-care
- Applying dialogical reflexivity in supervision evaluation and feedback
- Be aware of the importance of reflective supervision for therapeutic intervention and the development of meta competencies in practice
- Be able to apply reflective practice & model reflectivity to supervisees
- Identify and manage the challenges of working in the field of adult mental health and complex comorbid clinical mental health presentations
- Be able to identify and manage complex risk, legal and ethical issues
- Review of clinical/workplace issues brought to the session by participants.
Sam Vasta and Christine Senediak
Format: Interactive videoconference via Zoom
Early Bird: $350 (ends 18 Oct 2021)
Standard: $390 (from 19 Oct 2021)
Organisational discounts available
Flyer Adult Mental Health MasterClass (PDF)
Clinical Supervision Services
Clinical Supervision Services (CSS) is an AHPRA approved organisation dedicated to providing excellence in training and clinical supervision supervision.
This PACFA-accredited course covers information on how to establish, maintain and evaluate clinical supervision sessions, establish learning goals for supervisees and work cooperatively and efficiently within the context of practice that they supervise. The course is suitable for health workers including nurses, social workers, counsellors, psychotherapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists and other health workers such as those working in welfare and drug and alcohol services. ...
The study of neurobiology has made a significant impact in recent years on deepening knowledge about the effects of abuse related trauma.This workshop provides participants with an opportunity to critically examine the practice of competency based supervision across the different pathways within a trauma informed practice lens. ...