Competency-Based Clinical Supervision (6-7 September 2021) Videoconference
Videoconference interactive workshop for psychologists, counsellors and allied health professionals.
This 2-day skills-based workshop provides participants with a thorough understanding of the principles and practice of effective clinical supervision. You will learn about contemporary theories of competency based supervision and learn how to set up, manage and evaluate both individual and group supervision contexts incorporating best practice standards and reflective practice.
The workshop will be delivered via the ZOOM meeting platform using breakout rooms for small group discussion and practice sessions. You must be able to join the workshop using your camera and have sound for class participation. Numbers are strictly limited to 21 to allow for interactive class activities, maximizing your learning experience, just as in the classroom. Christine has provided a number of successful workshops in Singapore over the past few years. This workshop has been updated with new resources and handouts offering participants a clear theoretical framework in how to set up, deliver and evaluate supervision.
All course notes are provided electronically, including references, PowerPoint presentations and a Supervision Resources Handbook.
- Setting up competency-based clinical supervision
- Establishing and managing the working alliance supervisory relationship
- Live demonstration (pre-supervisory meeting; contract setting and establishing learning goals)
- Reflective practice theory and practice
- Supervision interventions (using videos and tapes, assessment of skill acquisition)
- Micro-skills training, modelling and demonstrations
- Structural considerations (individual vs group contexts, tele-health)
- Techniques and methods, including case consultation, writing activities, journal, log books, process recording, and structured case review forms and live observation methods
- Supervision relationship issues (awareness and sensitivity to diversity)
- Evaluation methods
- Providing effective feedback.
Dates: Monday 6th September 2021 and Tuesday 7th September 2021
Time: 9.00am-4.30pm SGT/HKT (Singapore/Hong Kong time)
(11.00-6.30pm AEDST Australian Eastern Standard time)
Early bird fee: $600.00 AUD (ends 26th July 2021)
Standard fee: $660.00 AUD (from 27th July 2021)
Places are strictly limited to 21.
Mode of Delivery: Interactive videoconference workshop via Zoom using breakout rooms.
Videoconference link provided on registration
Download More Information
Two-day videoconference workshop integrating theory and small group practice (successful completion of on-line course is prerequisite). The two day workshop will further expand on the topics covered in the on-line component reviewing PsyBA supervision requirements. The two day workshop is interactive including live demonstrations, small group activities, practice exercises and class discussion. Comprehensive readings are provided in addition to Supervision Resource Handbook. ...
The study of neurobiology has made a significant impact in recent years on deepening knowledge about the effects of abuse related trauma.This workshop provides participants with an opportunity to critically examine the practice of competency based supervision across the different pathways within a trauma informed practice lens. ...