PsyBA Master Class: Supervision for Trauma Informed Practice 19 October 2021 (Videoconference)
This is an AHPRA approved Supervisor Master Class. Psychologists who are endorsed supervisors are eligible to enrol in the Master Class. By undertaking this workshop psychologists will be eligible to apply for ongoing accreditation as a Board approved supervisor for a period of 5 years. The study of neurobiology has made a significant impact in recent years on deepening knowledge about the effects of abuse related trauma.This workshop provides participants with an opportunity to critically examine the practice of competency based supervision across the different pathways within a trauma informed practice lens.
Pre-reading resources are provided, including revision documents of competency based supervision to ensure participants are familiar with the Board requirements.
Numbers are strictly limited to 15 for this Master Class.
Presenter: Christine Senediak
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- An increased understanding of the complexity of working with clients people who have experienced relationally based complex trauma and the challenges for supervisees
- Insight into the personal, professional, organisational impact of trauma
- Supervision strategies and processes to ensure that trauma informed practice remains at the forefront of practice when working with clients who have experienced trauma
- A framework/model of reflective practice in trauma-informed supervision management within a competency based framework
- Goals, nature and function of supervision within trauma-informed care
- Setting up and implementing a reflective practice supervision framework within trauma- informed services
- Sensitivity to trauma in the supervisory context
- Application of a competency based and reflective practice in psychological practice
- Setting up and maintaining safe supervision
- Maintaining boundaries and sound ethical practice in supervision
- Self-care of the professional
- Managing complex presentations, ethical issues and agency related challenges
- Balancing educational, support, and administrative roles in supervision
- Evaluation of the supervisory process and diversity (managing expectations and responsibilities; providing feedback in trauma-informed supervision)
- Ensuring supervisors develop a solid skills and knowledge to manage the supervisory relationship (e.g. managing developmental stages of supervision; vicarious trauma, self-care, boundary setting)
- Knowledge of supervision as it relates specifically to trauma-informed supervision theory and practice including ethical and professional practice in trauma-informed supervision
- Assessment of supervisee competency (application of therapeutic interventions in trauma-informed practice.
Course Delivery: This Master Class is offered via distance as an interactive videoconference session. Numbers are strictly limited to 15 for this Master Class.
Date: Tuesday 19 October 2021
Videoconference link provided on registration.
Early Bird: $350 (ends 7 September 2021)
Standard: $390 (from 8 September 2021)
Clinical Supervision Services
Clinical Supervision Services (CSS) is an AHPRA approved organisation dedicated to providing excellence in training and clinical supervision.
Download More Information
This 2-day skills-based workshop provides participants with a thorough understanding of the principles and practice of effective clinical supervision. You will learn about contemporary theories of competency based supervision and learn how to set up, manage and evaluate both individual and group supervision contexts incorporating best practice standards and reflective practice. ...
This workshop will provide participants with an understanding of a number of ethical and legal issues relevant to supervisors and supervisees, including confidentiality, dual relationships, direct and vicarious liability, duty to warn and informed consent and the related challenges of ethical decision making. ...