PsyBA Master Class: Group Supervision 24 June 2021 (Videoconference)
This is an AHPRA approved Supervisor Master Class. Psychologists who are endorsed supervisors are eligible to enrol in the Master Class. By undertaking this workshop psychologists will be eligible to apply for ongoing accreditation as a Board approved supervisor for a period of 5 years.
This one day master class will provide supervisors with a framework for setting up, managing and evaluating competency based supervision, considering the wider context (demographics, client group and clinicians attending). The workshop will consider ways to apply a structured framework of supervision applying the Board-approved supervisor competencies as set by the Psychology Board of Australia. The workshop will offer opportunities to review how to incorporate these competencies aligned to student placements, intern and registrar programs, incorporating reflective practice using structured learning tasks within the supervision session. Participants will have an opportunity to work in small groups practising setting up supervision, determining learning goals, delivering and participating in a group supervision session.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
• Develop skills in how to set up and deliver group supervision (Roles and responsibilities; Contract setting)
• Determine group learning goals dependent on shared goals and individual learning needs
• Determine how to manage difference in group sessions
• Know how to use role play in group supervision as a tool for learning
• Develop skills for the application of reflective practice within the group session
• Apply the competency framework within group supervision (assessment of skills and knowledge) in action.
1. Best practice competency based group supervision
2. Setting up Group Supervision: Contract setting; Learning contracts; Identifying and managing difference in skill level
within the group; Roles and responsibilities; Core skills running group supervision
3. Different models of group supervision: Closed groups; open groups, peer groups; Applying a systems lens; Creative
applications in supervision; Visual tools, structural exercises; Providing feedback in supervision
4. The role of reflective practice - How to apply in a group setting with all group members contributing to the process of
reflectivity in action
5. Demonstration - Setting up a group supervision (contract setting, establishing learning goals)
6. Small group practice sessions and small group activities
7. Evaluation in supervision.
Course Presenter: Christine Senediak
Course Delivery: This Master Class is offered via distance as an interactive videoconference session. Numbers are strictly limited to 15 for this Master Class.
Date: Thursday 24 June 2021
Videoconference link provided on registration.
Early Bird: $350 (ends 13 May 2021)
Standard: $390 (from 14 May 2021)
Clinical Supervision Services
Clinical Supervision Services (CSS) is an AHPRA approved organisation dedicated to providing excellence in training and clinical supervision.
Download More Information
Two-day videoconference workshop integrating theory and small group practice (successful completion of on-line course is prerequisite). The two day workshop will further expand on the topics covered in the on-line component reviewing PsyBA supervision requirements. The two day workshop is interactive including live demonstrations, small group activities, practice exercises and class discussion. Comprehensive readings are provided in addition to Supervision Resource Handbook. ...
2 day face to face workshop using breakout rooms for interactive practice exercises and small group discussion. The workshop covers the core concepts and techniques of family therapy practice, providing an overview of the influence of the major schools of thought on contemporary practice. The emphasis will be on applying theory as systemic practice, through teaching, demonstration, video, role play, case illustrations, group discussion and small group exercises. ...