Competency-Based Clinical Supervision (19-20 Apr 2021) WORKSHOP FULL
Videoconference interactive workshop for psychologists, counsellors and allied health professionals.
This 2-day skills-based workshop provides participants with a thorough understanding of the principles and practice of effective clinical supervision. You will learn about contemporary theories of competency based supervision and learn how to set up, manage and evaluate both individual and group supervision contexts incorporating best practice standards and reflective practice.
The workshop will be delivered via the ZOOM meeting platform using breakout rooms for small group discussion and practice sessions. You must be able to join the workshop using your camera and have sound for class participation. Numbers are strictly limited to 21 to allow for interactive class activities, maximizing your learning experience, just as in the classroom. Christine has provided a number of successful workshops in Singapore over the past few years. This workshop has been updated with new resources and handouts offering participants a clear theoretical framework in how to set up, deliver and evaluate supervision.
All course notes are provided electronically, including references, PowerPoint presentations and a Supervision Resources Handbook.
- Setting up competency-based clinical supervision
- Establishing and managing the working alliance supervisory relationship
- Live demonstration (pre-supervisory meeting; contract setting and establishing learning goals)
- Reflective practice theory and practice
- Supervision interventions (using videos and tapes, assessment of skill acquisition)
- Micro-skills training, modelling and demonstrations
- Structural considerations (individual vs group contexts, tele-health)
- Techniques and methods, including case consultation, writing activities, journal, log books, process recording, and structured case review forms and live observation methods
- Supervision relationship issues (awareness and sensitivity to diversity)
- Evaluation methods
- Providing effective feedback.
Dates: Monday 19th April 2021 and Tuesday 20th April 2021
Time: 9.00am-4.30pm SGT/HKT (Singapore/Hong Kong time)
(11.00-6.30pm AEDST Australian Eastern Standard time)
Early bird fee: $600.00 AUD (ends 8th March 2021)
Standard fee: $660.00 AUD (from 9th March 2021)
Places are strictly limited to 21.
Download More Information
Two-day videoconference workshop integrating theory and small group practice (successful completion of on-line course is prerequisite). The two day workshop will further expand on the topics covered in the on-line component reviewing PsyBA supervision requirements. The two day workshop is interactive including live demonstrations, small group activities, practice exercises and class discussion. Comprehensive readings are provided in addition to Supervision Resource Handbook. ...
Small group interactive workshop delivered by videoconference. This workshop will provide participants with an introduction in how to conduct an interview using genograms in assessment and develop a sound case formulation plan to apply family focused interventions, keeping in mind the complexity of a family’s context, transgenerational history, patterns of interaction and events. ...