Working with Families: Fundamentals of Systemic Family Therapy 1-2 June 2021 WORKSHOP FULL
This workshop covers the core concepts and techniques of family therapy practice, providing an overview of the influence of the major schools of thought on contemporary practice. The emphasis will be on applying theory as systemic practice, through teaching, demonstration, video, role play, case illustrations, group discussion and small group exercises.
The workshop is suitable for: Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Social Workers, Nurses, Mental Health and Drug and Alcohol Practitioners, School Counsellors and health workers engaged with families in treatment.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding family of origin and multigenerational patterns
- Working with the influence of family relationships, stories, rules and patterns
- Use of genograms as a family assessment tool
- Overview of the models of family therapy- the 'best bits' and how to apply in practice
- The first family interview for assessment and treatment
- Systemic formulation and treatment planning
- Individual vs family therapy - when to do what
- Integrating family therapy as an evidence-based practice
- Maximizing opportunities for change in therapy
- Trouble shooting in family therapy - working with reluctant clients and challenging presentations.
Accreditation: 14 CPD
Dates: 1-2 June 2021
Times: 9.00am-4.00pm both days
Early bird: $590.00 (ends 20 April 2021)
Standard: $660.00 (from 21 April 2021)
Book early as places are strictly limited. Registration is not confirmed until payment received.
Download More Information
23 Mary Street
Surry Hills NSW 2010
The study of neurobiology has made a significant impact in recent years on deepening knowledge about the effects of abuse related trauma.This workshop provides participants with an opportunity to critically examine the practice of competency based supervision across the different pathways within a trauma informed practice lens. ...
Two-day videoconference workshop integrating theory and small group practice (successful completion of on-line course is prerequisite). The two day workshop will further expand on the topics covered in the on-line component reviewing PsyBA supervision requirements. The two day workshop is interactive including live demonstrations, small group activities, practice exercises and class discussion. Comprehensive readings are provided in addition to Supervision Resource Handbook. ...