PsyBA Supervisor Training Workshop (21-22 June 2021) Videoconference FULL
Two-day videoconference workshop integrating theory and small group practice (successful completion of on-line course is prerequisite). The two day workshop will further expand on the topics covered in the on-line component reviewing PsyBA supervision requirements. The two day workshop is interactive including live demonstrations, small group activities, practice exercises and class discussion. Comprehensive readings are provided in addition to Supervision Resource Handbook. Numbers are strictly limited to 18 for this workshop.
• Setting up competency based clinical supervision
• The supervisory relationship
• Live demonstration (pre-supervisory meeting; contract setting and establishing learning goals)
• Small group practice exercises
• Reflective practice theory and practice
• Supervision interventions (using videos and tapes, assessment of skill acquisition)
• Micro-skills training, modelling and demonstrations
• Structural considerations (Skype, telehealth supervision)
• Techniques and methods including case consultation, writing activities, journal, log books, process recoding, and structured case review forms and live observation methods
• Supervision relationship issues (awareness and sensitivity to diversity)
• Dealing with difficulties in supervision
• Ethics and Professional Practice issues, including procedural dilemmas
• The role of self-evaluation
• Evaluating supervisee skills in accordance with AHPRA criteria.
Accreditation: 12 CPD points Part 2: 2 day workshop (Part 1 Online course 10 CPD points; Part 3 Assessment of Competency 10 CPD points)
Presenter: Christine Senediak
About the Presenter
Christine Senediak is a Board Approved supervisor trainer with over 35 years clinical experience and over 30 years experience as a supervisor and educator. She supervises widely providing individual, peer, group and organisational supervision to psychiatrists, psychologists and other health clinicians working in child, adolescent and family services, schools, adult mental health, drug health, gambling, sexual assault, cross cultural and trauma services. She divides her time between education, clinical work and supervision. Christine has trained as a systemic family therapist, which influences her approach to clinical supervision where the wider context is considered in understanding the development and maintenance of problems in clinical presentations. She employs a reflective practice approach to supervision enhancing self-awareness of relational issues between therapist, client and systems. Christine incorporates elements of systemic, cognitive behavioural, mindfulness and person centered therapies in supervision and training.
On successful completion of the two day workshop participants will be issued a certificate of completion which needs to be submitted to the Board with the Application to apply for Board-approved supervisor status – ABAS-76 form (available from the Board’s website). This certificate needs to be submitted with Certificate 1 (online course) and Certificate 3 (Assessment of Competency). Once all three components are successfully completed participants will then receive 5 years accreditation as an approved supervisor.
Also available discounted Early Bird Full Training Package $950.00 (includes Parts 1, 2 and 3)
Clinical Supervision Services
Clinical Supervision Services (CSS) is an AHPRA approved organisation dedicated to providing excellence in training and clinical supervision.
Download More Information
This workshop is now full 2 day face to face workshop using breakout rooms for interactive practice exercises and small group discussion. The workshop covers the core concepts and techniques of family therapy practice, providing an overview of the influence of the major schools of thought on contemporary practice. The emphasis will be on applying theory as systemic practice, through teaching, demonstration, video, role play, case illustrations, group discussion and small group exercises. ...
This one day master class will provide supervisors with a framework for setting up, managing and evaluating competency based supervision, considering the wider context (demographics, client group and clinicians attending). The workshop will consider ways to apply a structured framework of supervision applying the Board-approved supervisor competencies as set by the Psychology Board of Australia. ...