Competency-Based Clinical Supervision 30 Nov-1 Dec 2020 (Videoconference)
Videoconference interactive workshop for psychologists, counsellors and allied health professionals.
This 2-day skills-based workshop provides participants with a thorough understanding of the principles and practice of effective clinical supervision. You will learn about contemporary theories of competency based supervision and learn how to set up, manage and evaluate both individual and group supervision contexts incorporating best practice standards and reflective practice.
The workshop will be delivered via the ZOOM meeting platform using breakout rooms for small group discussion and practice sessions. You must be able to join the workshop using your camera and have sound for class participation. Numbers are strictly limited to 21 to allow for interactive class activities, maximizing your learning experience, just as in the classroom. Christine has provided a number of successful workshops in Singapore over the past few years. This workshop has been updated with new resources and handouts offering participants a clear theoretical framework in how to set up, deliver and evaluate supervision.
All course notes are provided electronically, including references, PowerPoint presentations and a Supervision Resources Handbook.
- Setting up competency-based clinical supervision
- Establishing and managing the working alliance supervisory relationship
- Live demonstration (pre-supervisory meeting; contract setting and establishing learning goals)
- Reflective practice theory and practice
- Supervision interventions (using videos and tapes, assessment of skill acquisition)
- Micro-skills training, modelling and demonstrations
- Structural considerations (individual vs group contexts, tele-health)
- Techniques and methods, including case consultation, writing activities, journal, log books, process recording, and structured case review forms and live observation methods
- Supervision relationship issues (awareness and sensitivity to diversity)
- Evaluation methods
- Providing effective feedback.
Dates: Monday 30th November and Tuesday 1st December 2020
Time: 9.00am-4.30pm SGT/HKT (Singapore/Hong Kong time)
(12.00-7.30pm AEDST Australian Eastern Daylight Savings time)
Early bird fee: $600.00 AUD (ends 21st Sep 2020)
Standard fee: $660.00 AUD (from 22nd Sep 2020)
Places are strictly limited to 21.
Mode of Delivery: Interactive videoconference workshop via Zoom using breakout rooms.
Videoconference link provided on registration
Clinical Supervision Services
Clinical Supervision Services (CSS) is an AHPRA approved organisation dedicated to providing excellence in training and clinical supervision supervision.
Contact: Christine Senediak
Download More Information
This workshop will provide participants with an understanding of a number of ethical and legal issues relevant to supervisors and supervisees, including confidentiality, dual relationships, direct and vicarious liability, duty to warn and informed consent and the related challenges of ethical decision making. ...