Relationship and Couple Therapy
This online course will provide participants with a solid understanding of a number of different models and approaches to working with couples, review challenges of working with couples and provide ideas and structured exercises to enhance your knowledge and skills in working with couples who present with relationship difficulties.
Some of the models introduced in this online course include Emotionally Focused couples therapy (EFT) (Johnson; Greenberg), Collaborative Couples Therapy (Wile) and Gottman Method Couples Therapy. The module provides a range of readings and links to webinars and online teaching videos and self-reflective learning tasks. Specific issues in couple therapy are also addressed with links to relevant readings and resources. Participants have one year to complete the course. On completion of short self-assessment tasks you will receive a Certificate of Completion for 10 hours of study.
By the end of the online course participants will:
- Be introduced to a number of contemporary models of couple therapy
- Develop an understanding of how to manage secrets/confidentiality in couple therapy
- Develop and understanding of different techniques and approaches for effective conflict resolution in couple therapy
- Develop ways to help couples unpack their emotions inside and outside of therapy
- Understand the challenges of working with couples where there is infidelity, addictions and mental health issues
- Be aware of the specific issues that need to be addressed when a client presents with domestic violence
- Be introduced to understanding and working with specific issues that might impact on same sex couples
- Be introduced to understanding working with couples in the defence force.
The course is endorsed by the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (ACMHN) and by the Australian Counselling Association (ACA), the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA) and The Australian Community Workers Association (ACWA)
Course Fee: $110.00 AUD
12 months access
10 CPD hours