Family Assessments 10 – CPD hours
This online module aims to provide participants with the knowledge required to conduct an initial family therapy interview, a thorough understanding of how to develop a systemic case formulation and when to work with individuals versus whole families. It considers child, adolescent and adult mental health practice.
This module consists of 5 self-paced sections and includes video demonstration, practical examples, reflective tasks, readings and a short quiz.
The course is suitable for health and welfare professional who currently or intend to work with families. It is anticipated that the module will take 8-10 Hours.10 – CPD hours
Cost of Course: $110
Successful completion of this E-Learning Course earns 10 ACMHN continuing professional education (CPE) points.
To develop knowledge of how to structure the first family therapy interview and to gather relevant information for a biopsychosocial assessment
- To identify the family’s needs and resources available
- To know how to undertake a systemic case formulation
- To identify strengths and resources of the family and identify predisposing, precipitating and maintaining factors of the presenting problem that can lead to a clear case formulation
- To develop an understanding of when to work with individuals versus whole families
- To know how to assess families in child, adolescent and adult mental health practice
- To be able to use the comprehensive family assessment to develop a treatment plan