Using Genograms in Family Therapy (10 Credit Points)
This online module aims to provide participants with a thorough understanding of how to construct and use genograms in assessment and intervention. Genograms are a multigenerational assessment tool for understanding family functioning and family processes.
The module consists of 5 self-paced sections and includes video demonstration, practical examples, reflective tasks, readings and a short quiz.
The course is suitable for health and welfare professionals who currently or intend to work with families. It is anticipated that the module will take 8-10 Hours. 10 – CPD hours.
Cost of Course: $110
Successful completion of this E-Learning Course earns 10 ACMHN continuing professional education (CPE) points.
This course is accredited by The Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (ACMHN) and The Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA).
- To know how to construct and use genograms for the purpose to better understand family patterns and dynamics
- To reflect on using genograms in clinical practice: to identify both transgenerational patterns of ill physical and mental health
- To be able to use family strengths as a resource in therapy
- To know how to apply the information gathered in a family interview about the family
- To understand how to construct and apply cultural and sociogram/ecograms to look for resources for use in therapy