Using Genograms in Family Therapy (10 Credit Points)
This online module aims to provide participants with a thorough understanding of how to construct and use genograms in assessment and intervention. Genograms are a multigenerational assessment tool for understanding family functioning and family processes.
The module consists of 5 self-paced sections and includes video demonstration, practical examples, reflective tasks, readings and a short quiz.
The course is suitable for health and welfare professionals who currently or intend to work with families. It is anticipated that the module will take 8-10 Hours. 10 – CPD hours.
Cost of Course: $110
Successful completion of this E-Learning Course earns 10 ACMHN continuing professional education (CPE) points.
This course is accredited by the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) , The Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (ACMHN) and The Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA).
- To know how to construct and use genograms for the purpose to better understand family patterns and dynamics
- To reflect on using genograms in clinical practice: to identify both transgenerational patterns of ill physical and mental health
- To be able to use family strengths as a resource in therapy
- To know how to apply the information gathered in a family interview about the family
- To understand how to construct and apply cultural and sociogram/ecograms to look for resources for use in therapy