Competency Based Supervision Training
This 2-day skills-based workshop is for psychologists, counsellors and allied health professionals. The interactive workshop (offered either as face-to-face or via Zoom) provides participants with a thorough understanding of the principles and practice of effective clinical supervision. You will learn about contemporary theories of competency based supervision and learn how to set up, manage and evaluate both individual and group supervision contexts incorporating best practice standards and reflective practice.
For videoconference workshops: The workshop will be delivered via the ZOOM meeting platform using breakout rooms for small group discussion and practice sessions. You must be able to join the workshop using your camera and have sound for class participation. Numbers are strictly limited to 21 to allow for interactive class activities, maximizing your learning experience, just as in the classroom. This workshop provides comprehensive resources and handouts offering participants a clear theoretical framework in how to set up, deliver and evaluate supervision.
All course notes are provided electronically, including references, PowerPoint presentations and a Supervision Resources Handbook.
- Setting up competency-based clinical supervision
- Establishing and managing the working alliance supervisory relationship
- Live demonstration (pre-supervisory meeting; contract setting and establishing learning goals)
- Reflective practice theory and practice
- Supervision interventions (using videos and tapes, assessment of skill acquisition)
- Micro-skills training, modelling and demonstrations
- Structural considerations (individual vs group contexts, tele-health)
- Techniques and methods, including case consultation, writing activities, journal, log books, process recording, and structured case review forms and live observation methods
- Supervision relationship issues (awareness and sensitivity to diversity)
- Evaluation methods
- Providing effective feedback.
Accreditation: 14 CPD
UPCOMING COURSE DATES:
Dates: 25-26 May 2022 (Videoconference) - COURSE FULL WITH WAITING LIST
Times: 9.00am-4.30pm (AEST Australian Eastern Standard Time)
Mode of Delivery: Interactive videoconference workshop via Zoom using breakout rooms.
Cost: Early bird fee: $600.00 AUD (payments received by 13 April 2022)
Standard fee: $660.00 AUD (payments received from 14 April 2022)
Dates: 27-28 September 2022 (Face-to-face: Singapore)
Times: 9.00am-4.30pm SGT (Singapore General Time)
Venue: Synergy Room, Singapore Shopping Centre, Clemenceau Avenue, Singapore
Cost: Early bird fee: $660.00 AUD (payments received by 16 August 2022)
Standard fee: $710.00 AUD (payments received from 17 August 2022)
This course is endorsed by the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (ACMHN), the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA) and Australian Counselling Association (ACA).
However, this is not an ACA/PACFA accredited supervisor course - for those seeking to become an Accredited Supervisor with either ACA or PACFA please refer to our Accredited Supervisor Courses