Competency Based Supervision Videoconference Training
This 2-day skills-based workshop is for psychologists, counsellors and allied health professionals. The interactive videoconference workshop provides participants with a thorough understanding of the principles and practice of effective clinical supervision. You will learn about contemporary theories of competency based supervision and learn how to set up, manage and evaluate both individual and group supervision contexts incorporating best practice standards and reflective practice.
The workshop will be delivered via the ZOOM meeting platform using breakout rooms for small group discussion and practice sessions. You must be able to join the workshop using your camera and have sound for class participation. Numbers are strictly limited to 21 to allow for interactive class activities, maximizing your learning experience, just as in the classroom. Christine has provided a number of successful workshops in Singapore over the past few years. This workshop has been updated with new resources and handouts offering participants a clear theoretical framework in how to set up, deliver and evaluate supervision.
All course notes are provided electronically, including references, PowerPoint presentations and a Supervision Resources Handbook.
- Setting up competency-based clinical supervision
- Establishing and managing the working alliance supervisory relationship
- Live demonstration (pre-supervisory meeting; contract setting and establishing learning goals)
- Reflective practice theory and practice
- Supervision interventions (using videos and tapes, assessment of skill acquisition)
- Micro-skills training, modelling and demonstrations
- Structural considerations (individual vs group contexts, tele-health)
- Techniques and methods, including case consultation, writing activities, journal, log books, process recording, and structured case review forms and live observation methods
- Supervision relationship issues (awareness and sensitivity to diversity)
- Evaluation methods
- Providing effective feedback.
Accreditation: 14 CPD
Time: 9.00am-4.30pm SGT/HKT (Singapore/Hong Kong time)
(11.00-6.30pm AEDST Australian Eastern Standard time)
Early bird fee: $600.00 AUD (see flyer for individual course early bird closing dates)
Standard fee: $660.00 AUD
Places are strictly limited to 21.
Mode of Delivery: Interactive videoconference workshop via Zoom using breakout rooms.
Videoconference link provided on registration.
Course 1: 4th-5th February 2021 (WORKSHOP FULL)
Course 2: 19th-20th April 2021 (WORKSHOP FULL)
Course 3: 6th-7th September 2021 (WORKSHOP FULL)